"Bacon is the candy of meat."

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sunshiny goodness


Tonight I decided to let it all go to hell, so I made myself a big bowlful of lemon linguine a la Nigella Lawson. The recipe isn't on her official website, but it can be found all over the Internet, including on the site linked to above. The recipe was demonstrated on "Nigella Bites" and it's been a happy comfort food of mine ever since I first encountered.

Basically, it's a carbonara, only instead of pancetta you flavor it with lemon juice and lemon zest. That, with the egg yolk, makes it a pretty, cheerful yellow, and the flavor is sharp and creamy and just perfect.

And your cardiologist will love you and get to buy a lovely summer house, because in addition to the egg yolk and pasta it contains heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese!

1 comment:

Brown Sugar said...

Well, I'm not a pasta lover but this looks wonderful - maybe it's the lemon! I copied it and sent it to my home email address from work.
Thank you.
I was reading the blog voting page and found you, and when I saw the Easter Eggs and consequently the deviled eggs, I knew it was going to be an interesting blog! :o)