"Bacon is the candy of meat."

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I scream, etc.


I have just returned from a business trip/junket to San Francisco, where I learned about marketing law regulatory issues, saw lots of friends, enjoyed amazing hospitality, and ate the best ice cream I'll probably ever have. Bi-Rite Creamery. Go there. The nice people will let you taste whatever you want, and feel free to do that, but once you've tasted the gorgeous Strawberry Balsamic and the Brown Butter Pecan, and maybe shared a crisp chocolate cookie ice cream sandwich filled with Mint (and I don't even like mint ice cream), just do yourself a favor and pick up a pint each of Honey Lavender and Salted Caramel and hide yourself away in a closet where nobody can find you (so you don't have to share) with a spoon. Nirvana.

5 comments:

Miss Cake said...

The Shake Shack carries salted caramel custard. It's unbelievable.

Mlle Gateau said...

Everything about the Shake Shack sounds amazing. You should post about it!

Miss Cake said...

"I waited in line 20 minutes to order. The guy in front of me read the paper. I ordered. I waited another 20 minutes for my food." That's about what it would be like. Anyway, you should meet me for lunch there before it closes for the season.

Mlle Gateau said...

What, so we can wait around for 40 minutes?

Megan said...

Re: Shake Shack

I heart Shake Shack. I have waited longer than that for their fantastic hamburgers. I wish more people were willing to wait in line with me for 40+ minutes; it is worth it for the burger and fries.