"Bacon is the candy of meat."

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Snack Report Update

I have a deep need to report on two excellent developments in the snack area.

First, the fine makers of Pirate Booty (a staple if you're a yuppie parent of small children, like myself) have come out with Cocoa Booty, which tastes like Cocoa Puffs, only you can eat it by the bagful and pretend it's good for you.

But second, and even better, Snyder's pretzels have come out with Buffalo Wing flavored pretzel pieces, and this is simply the best snack food ever developed, or at least since Wasabi Peas. Broken pieces of sourdough pretzels (obviously repurposing factory waste, but who cares! it's recycling!) coated with spicy, vinegary Buffalo Wing flavored stuff. Seriously, they are the best thing ever.

3 comments:

Mim said...

wow, i love me some crappy snacks, but both of those sound gross to me. I haven't had cocoa puffs since, probably, 5th grade, but if I wanted that flavor, I'd need them in a bowl with milk... plain chocolately puffs strike me as just wrong.

heidi said...

tried the cocoa booty.... it's too shiny. I like fruity booty, or actual cocoa puffs better. Or have you ever tried Peanut butter bumpers? YUM.

Mlle Gateau said...

Oh those are so awesome!